Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 1: Glow Worm

Yesterday my dad asked me after taking the pill if I was glowing from being radioactive. I laughed and said, “No, but I’m glowing from the joy that is in me right now.” God had already taken away the two miseries I was dreading the most.

  1. I was only at the hospital for 1 ½ hours to take the pill and then was sent home. My dr. had told me to plan on staying at the hospital all day. I had been dreading that.

  1. I only have to be in isolation for 4 days!! Soo…with my treatment starting a day earlier AND not having to stay 7 days means I can get my kids earlier! I miss them so much and thinking about not seeing them for another 9 days was making me so sad.

So this treatment so far is a piece of cake. I’m really nauseous from the pill and extremely tired from the nausea medicine, but I’m still basking in all the glory.

Am I glowing? Yep, I was given the name “glow worm” and it seems to be fitting in every way. J

3 comments:

  1. What a great report Missy...that makes my heart so happy! So, so thankful YOUR heart is joyful. We went to see your sweet babies this morning and had the best time playing with Gaia and Presley. Olivia and Gaia are such buddies. They shared Princess fruit snacks, played with all kinds of goodies in the playroom and did some great art work together. Loved our time over there. I know they are missing you so much...but they both seemed to be doing great and were so happy while we were there. I know whenever i'm away from our two, it does my heart such good to know they're happy and healthy and doing great. Yours are!! :) Love you and praying for even more sweet slow dances...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would be the most beautiful glow worm EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best news I've heard all week! I seriously did a jump/twist/hands in the air Footloose-type move when I read this. I am so excited for you and your family to be done and through with this in just a few more days. Taylor and I have been praying for you and it's great to see those prayer's answered. :D

    ReplyDelete