Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 3: The Beauty of Scars

The 2nd day took quite a bit out of me. Sharing my story and being freed from the 20 yrs of feeling imprisoned in my own skin was pretty monumental. So Day 3 I spent the day reflecting back on that. Thank you all who took the time to read it. I know that took a lot of time to read through and it means so much that you care to do so. Thank you all who wrote me a note in response. To see how God is already working in people’s lives through my story brings so much joy to my heart.

This day, I also contacted a few people to find a cancer patient to photograph for Help-Portrait on Saturday. If you don’t know about this, PLEASE watch this video on it..

My friends have pampered me and made me feel so beautiful even though I have a long scar on my neck and look tired and sick. Even though I’ve been fighting a deadly disease, I have felt so alive. I want to do this for someone else on Saturday. Please pray that I will find the perfect girl for that.

Love,

Missy

1 comment:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! Truly lovely idea...You are an inspiration...thank you!

    ReplyDelete