Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 7: A Big Ole Thank YOU!

I did it! I made it through the 7 days of isolation! Today I just wanted to reflect on HOW I made it through and pay respects where they are due…

Thank you God for loving me, protecting me, blessing me, and comforting me. For giving me the endurance I needed to get through this treatment. For protecting my children and giving them a happy and fun environment to be in while we were away. For giving Asher’s mom the endurance she needs to take care of my children for a month! For keeping my husband strong for us all. For giving him the endurance he needed to get through this as well. Thank you for giving me the most wonderful community to love me and take care of me.

Thank you Asher, for being so strong for us. For making me feel so beautiful. For being patient with me. For encouraging me. For loving me so much and showing me God’s love through all of that. For being the best husband any girl could ever dream of.

Thank you to my doctors, who have made me truly feel I was being given the ultimate care. For answering all my repetitive and worrisome questions and for being so patient with me.

Thank you Mom and Dad, for calling me every day and telling me you love me. For walking with me every step of the way. For comforting me, encouraging me, and just being there.

Thank you Mama Karen, for walking with me through this and being here in spirit every step of the way, encouraging me, and loving me, even when you were dealing with your own cancer.

Thank you to my Mother-n-law and Father-n-law for taking such wonderful care of my children and for making them happy. For taking me in your home while I adjust to being off my medication and loving on me.

Thank you Paul and Talitha, for opening your home to me for a whole week! What a blessing to feel like you are at a bed and breakfast while going through treatment. My really nice environment, talitha taking such good care of me, checking on me, and just being here, truly made this time almost feel like a vacation.

Thank you to ALL of my wonderful, beautiful, generous, words just can’t describe enough, friends, who have brought me meals and other little surprises, for the many words of encouragement, the calls, the letters, the emails, the texts, and the comments. I truly have the best friends in the world.

Thank you to my incredible community. I have met so many people through this time and made so many friends. You all have encouraged and inspired me so much with your own stories, your comments, your emails, and all your acts of kindness. I truly feel blessed and loved so much!

I am at home now, waiting for Asher to drive up any time with our kids. The tears are streaming down my face with excitement and gratitude. All I can say is a big ole thank YOU!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you!!! I can't even imagine the excitement you must have in your heart to see your preciuos children!!!! I am thankful I got to know you through your blog!

    Love and Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete