Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 4: Bad Day Turned Good

I’m entitled to a bad day right? Well, it actually was a good day, but started off bad. I woke up in pain…A LOT of pain. I’ve been having problems with my shoulder for a few weeks and the night before it started hurting again. I woke up with it hurting and by the afternoon I was in excruciating pain. Tylenol, heating pad, lying still for 2 hrs…nothing was helping. A friend came by and brought me an ice pack, visited with me, prayed for me and an hr later the pain is gone.

The rest of the day was good. I spent the day praying…for a lot of you..and I hope you felt the love! I’m basically going through all my friends on Facebook…reading your statuses and praying specifically for you and your family. I have 750 friends on there and spent 2 1/2 hrs just praying for last names that start with an A or B. So I’m averaging an hr per letter. It’s going to take a few more days to get through the whole alphabet.

Speaking of a few more days…my drs orders contrary to what they told me at the hospital, I have to stay isolated for the full 7 days. I’m ok with that. If the ones at the hospital hadn’t said just 4 days it probably wouldn’t have made me and Asher stop to think about getting our kids back earlier. Well since I started my treatment a day early it worked out that Asher can get the kids on his day off Wednesday, the 7th day of having to be in isolation. So Thursday morning we will all me together when we wake up and free to hug and love one another. I can’t wait!!! What a wonderful way to step out of isolation. Also…if we had waited until Saturday like originally planned to get the kids, then I would not have been able to be a part of Help-Portrait.

Here are my top 3 favorite facebook statuses I prayed for yesterday....

“just watched a young man in his 20's throw 6 packs of enemas in his grocery cart. Things that make you go hmmm?” -I prayed God will relieve him of all the crap built up in him. Pun intended. God has a sense of humor, right?

“Everything sad is coming untrue” -five words that sums up how I’ve been feeling.

"God definitely has a sense of timing...It looks like we are leaving December 9th. We will get Kayden on December 12th, which is our wedding anniversary. Also, our tentative appointment for our US Consulate appointment is December 22nd. This is when Kayden will become an official US citizen. It also happens to be his 3rd birthday!! Then we arrive home on Christmas Day!! -

-This is a good friend of our family. I look up to him and his family SO much. They are such an inspiration. They have 3 kids from birth, an adopted child from China, and are in the process of adopting another child from China. A child missing both his legs, but on his way to live a wonderful adventurous life full of love. Check out their blog…Our Journey to Kayden


1 comment:

  1. Missy thank you so much for sharing your heart through these experiences. I'm praying for you and Asher and the kids today!

    ReplyDelete