Monday, October 26, 2009

Pathology Results

God is Good! Thank you for all the prayers! The pathology test came back negative. The cancer has NOT spread to my lymph nodes! The kind of cancer the test showed is papillary which is the most common and most treatable kind. So, the outcome of all this looks like it will be a good one, but the journey isn't over.

I will still have to do the radioiodine therapy to kill any cancer cells that might be in the tissue. I will also have to have a body scan done to see if it has spread anywhere else in my body. I see an endocrinologist on Friday to find out when I have to get all this done. I will have to be in the hospital in isolation for a few days because I'll be radioactive. Then I will have to be away from my kids a few more days. I'm dreading all this more than anything. Prior to the treatment I will have to be off my medication for at least two weeks. I've been on this medication, synthroid, my whole life and when I am off of it for more than a few days I feel like I'm going crazy. I become extremely fatigued, have awful headaches, have a hard time concentrating, and become pretty depressed. So being off of my medication for two weeks scares me.

My recovery so far has been pretty rough. The first few days my throat was pretty sore, but it feels MUCH better now. I still have to be careful about talking because my vocal cords are pretty weak. The worse part right now is being nauseous all the time, aching, having headaches, and really dizzy. My surgeon thinks its from the calcium deficiency.

Feeling this way and knowing what the next several weeks are going to be like makes me pretty depressed. I really hope I'm not stuck in the hospital or in bed over Thanksgiving. More than anything right now I want to go to Dallas and see our family like we planned. I just don't know at this point if I'm going to be able to do that. I guess we'll find out on Friday.

Even though I'm going through a rough patch right now, I still feel extremely blessed. God has showered me with so much love through my friends and family. For that I am forever thankful.

6 comments:

  1. "The Lord watches over you - the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore" Psalm 121:5-8 In Jesus name, I pray this AMEN.

    Thank you for sharing so that we may pray for you and your family continually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just sent you an email to see how you are doing...and then checked here and got my answer sooner than I could ever hope. I will be thinking about you even more on Friday doll. Hang in there! You have so much strength inside that beautiful body that you probably don't even know is there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you beautiful, Missy!! Keep up the great attitude!
    A verse that means a lot to me is:
    2 Corinthians 4:16-18
    Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day, for momentary light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory, far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

    Love and Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm down with bringing Holley Lake up to Nashville. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Missy,

    My daughter, Macy Li, is in class with Gaia, so I learned of you through the St.B's loop...I haven't had a chance to go all the way back and read all your posts, but I am familiar with your diagnosis, as my mother-in-law and another girlfriend have both had this very same diagnosis/treatment. I just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for your sweet family as you walk these uncertain steps ahead, and that you'll be comforted by knowing that God alone orders each one. BTW, Gaia is a doll and Macy Li talks about her all the time! ;)

    ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, wonderful news Prissy! God is great, God is good, let us thank HIM for this news!!

    ReplyDelete